This Two-Ingredient Pizza dough is quick, easy and delicious. Top this pizza dough with your favourite sauce and toppings for a 20-minute pizza lunch or dinner.
Lately, after sharing my Braided cinnamon buns recipe, I received some requests for more bread recipes. Even though I try to eat more wholesome gluten-free bread, I sometimes get the craving for good old white bread. Whenever that craving comes, I prefer to make my own bread at home, rather than buy from the store.
Today, I share this two-ingredient pizza dough that is really easy to make. Top it with your favourite pizza sauce and toppings for the best pizza ever.
How to make two-ingredient pizza dough
This pizza dough recipe uses, well, two-ingredient… All you need to make the dough are Self-raising flour and Greek yoghurt.
- In a large bowl, combine the Greek yoghurt and the self-raising flour. Mix it with a wooden spoon until it comes together. Knead for a few seconds till it forms a dough. The dough will be soft but not too sticky. Do not be tempted to add more flour.
- Leave the dough for a few minutes to rest before you roll.
Two-ingredient pizza dough topping ideas
You can top this two-ingredient pizza dough with your favorite sauces and toppings. Here are a few of my favourite toppings to help you along.
- Tomato sauce: I use a simple tomato sauce I meal prep as a stew base. Check out my oven-baked Jollof basmati rice for the stew base recipe. All I added to it to make the sauce for this pizza is to add 1 teaspoon of Italian herbs. My suya salsa recipe will also work on this pizza.
- Cheese: My favourite cheese for pizza is Mozarella cheese. However, Pecorino Romano cheese will also work well.
- Baked chicken: I always have baked chicken like my suyarama baked crispy chicken meal prepped in my fridge. I use it as a filling for sandwiches or as a topping for my pizza.
- Bell peppers: I love the freshness that these give to the pizza.
- Sweet corn
- Basil leaves
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Self-raising flour substitute
You can make your own self-raising flour, in case you don’t have self-raising flour or don’t want to run to the store to buy one. For this you will need:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
To make 1 cup of self-raising flour, combine 1 cup of all purpose flour with 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Two-Ingredient Pizza Dough
- 250 grams Greek yorgurt
- 250 grams Self-raising flour
- Toppings of your choice
- Combine the flour and Greek yoghurt into a large bow. Mix with a wooden spoon until it starts to come together.
- Knead for a few seconds until it forms a soft dough. Rest for a 5 minutes before rolling.
- Top with your favourite pizza toppings and bake in a very hot oven for 10 minutes. Enjoy.
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @nookies_diaries and hashtag #nookies_diaries.I always look forward to reading you comments and seeing your pictures.