This suyarama crispy baked chicken is easy to make, crunchy on the outside and soft and tender in the middle. It’s delicious and healthier than it’s fried counterpart. I love meal prepping this crispy baked chicken to use during the week in salads, served along with main meals or for a quick breakfast sandwich.
This suyarama crispy baked chicken features my Nookies suyarama multipurpose seasoning suya spice (coming soon). If you follow me on Instagram, then you would have seen me post countless recipes using this spice. This is what takes the chicken to the next level of deliciousness. The spice will be available for sale in the coming weeks, in the meantime, save this recipe for when the spice becomes available.
My preferred chicken part to use in this recipe is chicken thighs. I find chicken thighs to be really moist and delicious. However, you can also use chicken breasts for this recipe.
How to make suyarama crispy fried chicken
- Clean the chicken thighs and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Transfer into a clean bowl and drizzle some vegetable oil. This allows the suyarama spice stick to the chicken.
- Sprinkle the spice all over the chicken and massage the chicken well.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking tray skin side facing up. Spread the chicken evenly.
- Bake under the broiler, until the skin, is crispy and the chicken is cooked through.
- Cover with aluminium foil, and leave to rest for 20 mins.
- Serve and enjoy.
Tips for making perfect suyarama crispy baked chicken
- Let your chicken come to room temperature before cooking it: You never want to cook frozen chicken, because you will end up with dry chicken.
- Make sure to pat your chicken dry completely. This helps the chicken crisp up.
- Allow the chicken rest. This helps the chicken absorb the juices, which makes the chicken moist on the inside.
This suyarama crispy baked chicken can be enjoyed with Jollof rice, fried rice, cauliflower rice, salads, nourish bowls. It can be used to make homemade sharwama and any other breakfast wrap. And if you are anything like me, as soon as it comes out of the oven, you eat it all.
Suyarama Crispy Baked Chicken
- 6 chicken thighs
- ¼ cup Nookies suyarama multipurpose seasoning spice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Clean the chicken and pat completely dry.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the oil. Coat the chicken with the oil.
- Add the suyarama spice and massage into the chicken.
- Transfer to a baking tray, skin side facing up. Spread the chicken evenly.
- Bake under the broiler for 20 minutes or until the skin is crispy and the chicken is cooked through.
- Cover with foil and rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram @nookies_diaries or use the #nookies_diaries.
I always look forward to reading your comments and seeing your pictures.