This is the suya salsa pasta dish that made my hubby bite his tongue. On Instagram, I shared the funny story of how my hubby bit his tongue while eating this epic suya salsa pasta with pork and shrimps. Now, in my home, this dish is known as the tongue biting, extremely delicious pasta.
The experiments that created my suya salsa is the same one that led to the creation of this epic salsa pasta with pork and shrimps. Sometimes, I do not even know where I get these ideas and inspirations, but when they come, I take full advantage of it.
The first thing that hits you when you make this dish is the amazing aroma. The aroma of the salsa as it hits the hot pan is so amazing, you will be counting the seconds to when the dish will be ready and served. It is quick as it comes together in minutes, it is aromatic from the cilantro, garlic, and habanero peppers, spicy and fresh. This is a must-try for those busy days when quick lunches are needed.
What is In This Epic Salsa Pasta?
- Pasta: Any type of pasta will work in the recipe. I used spaghetti.
- Pork: I used pork belly for this recipe. You can also use bacon or chicken.
- Shrimps: I always have fresh shrimps in my freezer ready for quick lunches like this.
- Red bell pepper, Onions and Fresh herbs.
How To Make Salsa Pasta With Pork and Shrimps
My suya salsa is the star ingredient in this pasta dish. Once you have that meal prepped, the dish comes together in a snap. This pasta dish is practically a one-pot recipe. You simply cook the pork till no longer pink, fry the onions and the tomato paste. Add the suya salsa, water, the pasta and the shrimps. Steam for a few minutes, stir and add red bell peppers and herbs and it is ready.
Suya salsa pasta with pork & shrimps
- ½ pack pasta
- ½ cup suya salsa
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup shrimps cleaned and deveined
- 1 strip pork belly
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander or parsley
- Cook the pasta till Al-dente
- Chop the onions, bell pepper and pork into cubes
- In a hot skillet, add the oil and cook the pork till no longer pink. Add the onions and cook till soft.
- Create a well in the middle of the skillet and add the tomato paste. Cook the paste for 5 secs before stirring in the pork and the onions.
- Add the suya salsa and cook till fragrant. Add the water, the cooked pasta and the shrimps. cover and steam for 5 mins.
- Stir well and add the bell pepper and parsley. Serve hot.
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram @nookies_diaries or use the hashtag #nookies_diaries.
I look forward to reading your comments and seeing your pictures.