This Strawberry Boba Milk is creamy, nutritious and perfect for breakfast or as a refreshing beverage. It’s one dairy-free, hormone balancing beverage that will soon become your all-time favourite.
Bubble tea is one of my favourite drinks to enjoy. Unfortunately, bubble tea is not readily available in the area where I live. Recently, after stumbling upon a pack of tapioca starch (flour) while grocery shopping, I decided to make my own tapioca pearls at home. Thankfully, It turned out really good and super delicious.
Today’s Strawberry Boba Milk recipe is a different take on the classic bubble (boba) tea. I skipped the black tea, blended some frozen strawberries with my milk, topped my serving glass with ice and some tapioca pearls, added my strawberry milk and voila, a delicious, refreshing beverage.
What is Boba?
Boba also known as tapioca pearls is a puffy, chewy and gummy round balls that are typically enjoyed with bubble tea. It is the star ingredient in this Strawberry Boba Milk recipe.
Bubble (Boba) Tea Video
In this how-to video, I share how to make the tapioca pearls from scratch. Give it a watch here.
Strawberry boba milk ingredients
- Cooked boba pearls: Watch this how-to video to make your own at home.
- Fresh or frozen strawberries: For this recipe, I used frozen strawberries like this. Frozen strawberries are strawberries that are handpicked and frozen at the peak of their ripeness and when they are in season. This preserves their freshness and sweetness. Ripe and fresh strawberries will also work well in this recipe.
- Coconut milk: or any milk of your choice.
- Sweetener: Sweeteners like honey, maple syrup, date syrup and cane sugar are great options in this drink. To make this drink vegan, use maple syrup, date syrup or cane sugar. To make this drink keto, use xylitol or any keto sweetener you prefer.
- Maca powder: I love to add maca powder to my beverages because of it’s hormonal balancing properties. I also love the caramel flavour it gives to drinks. However, if you can’t find maca powder, you can skip it.
How to make strawberry boba milk
This recipe comes together pretty quickly, especially if you have your boba pearls made ahead of time. Here is what you need to do to make this beverage:
- Make the strawberry milk: In a blender, add the coconut milk, fresh or frozen strawberries, sweetener of choice (I used honey) and maca powder. Blend till its smooth and creamy.
- Fill the glasses with the cooked tapioca pearls, ice and the strawberry milk. Serve immediately.
Other yummy beverages to try
Strawberry Boba Milk
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup cooked tapioca pearls
- ½ cup frozen or fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Into a blender, add the coconut milk, strawberries, honey and vanilla extract. Blend till smooth and creamy.
- Into your serving glasses, add the tapioca pearls, ice and the strawberry milk. Serve immediately.