This Hormonal Balance Chai Latte is warm, rich, and velvety smooth. It’s dairy-free, flavor-packed with all the spices and it’s loaded with hormonal balancing goodness. This beverage reminds me of the holidays, and with Christmas just around the corner, this recipe will become your holiday favorite.
Two years ago, I gave up drinking commercially made beverages and artificial drinks and sodas. This Chai Tea, just like my Purple Lady Latte and my Ice Cold Turmeric Latte are now my go-to beverages for breakfast or pretty much anytime I need some coffee/latte action.
Chai latte is loaded with good for you spices such as cinnamon powder, cloves, cardamom, and ginger. The blend of spices is simply amazing and the aroma reminds me of the holidays. The added ingredient of Maca powder in this popular beverage is what adds the hormonal balance properties.
Maca plant aka Peruvian ginseng is a cruciferous vegetable that is native to Peru and is commonly available in powder form. Maca root has traditionally been used to enhance fertility and sex drive. The consistent intake of maca powder may help balance hormones in Women and increase fertility in Men.
Hormonal balance chai latte ingredients
This chai latte is really easy to make. Here is what you’ll need to make it.
- Black tea: This is classic tea used for a chai latte. I love Ahmad Black Tea. This is my go-to brand for all my tea needs. This brand comes in different flavors ranging from vanilla, strawberry, mango, and passion fruit. I used the vanilla flavor for this beverage.
- Coconut milk: My version of this chai latte is dairy-free and my preferred dairy-free milk is coconut milk. My 1-minute coconut milk is a game-changer… Watch how to make it here. With this 1-minute coconut milk recipe, you will never have to crack a coconut again. However, you can use your preferred dairy-free or dairy milk.
- Spices: The classic spices in chai tea are cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and ginger. For my version, I used whole cloves and crushed whole cardamom pods. Ideally, this recipe calls for the grounded versions of the spices but I went with the whole spices and it turned out delicious. Feel free to use either the whole spices or the grounded versions.
- Maca powder: This is the ingredient that provides hormonal balance properties. However, you can skip it if you can’t find it.
- Sweetener of your choice
How to make a hormonal balance chai latte
On my Instagram reels, I shared a quick how-to video on how to make this delicious beverage. Watch it here.
- Into a milk pot, add in the milk, spices, sweetener, and black tea. Heat up gently on low flame, stirring continuously until the mixture is well combined.
- Strain the tea into your serving glasses and top with frothy milk or cream. Sprinkle some cinnamon powder on top and enjoy.
To enjoy this beverage cold, simply let the brewed tea cool down. Add ice cubes into your serving glasses and top with the Brewed Chai Latte. Add the frothy milk or cream on top and sprinkle some cinnamon powder. Serve and enjoy cold.
Hormonal Balance Chai Latte
- 2 cups coconut milk "or any dairy-free milk of your choice"
- 2 bags black tea
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp cloves powder "or 5 whole cloves"
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder "or 2 crushed cardamom pods"
- 3 tbsp. honey "or any sweetener of your choice"
- frothed milk or cream
- cinnamon powder for sprinkling
- In a milk pot, add the milk, spices, and honey. On very low heat, heat the milk, stirring continuously until well combined. Set aside for 2 mins so that the black tea can brew.
- Strain the tea into the serving mugs and top with the frothed milk or cream. Sprinkle with cinnamon powder. Serve and enjoy.
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment below and tag me over on Instagram @nookies_diaries or use the hashtag #nookiesdiaries.