This Easy Smoothie Bowl is one of my favorite things to make for breakfast. It comes together pretty quickly, especially if you have all your fruits meal prepped. Check out my easy tips to making your own a delicious success.
Easy Smoothie Bowl Tips
Smoothie bowls are very easy to make, and they usually start with throwing some fruits & seeds or nuts into a blender. However, to get the thick and luscious looking smoothie bowls you have probably seen on Instagram, follow this easy tips and tricks.
- Start with frozen fruits: Frozen fruits is the key to thick and luscious smoothie bowl.
- Use a high powered blender: High powered blenders are specially built to blend frozen ingredients into a smooth paste fast and with little or no liquid. This makes your bowl thick like frozen yogurt or ice cream.
- Meal prep your fruits ahead of time: This makes your bowls come together really fast .
Generally, the ingredients needed will depend on the flavor you want to make. For strawberry & banana Flavour, you will need frozen strawberries and frozen bananas as the base. Alternatively, for chocolate smoothie bowls, will need cocoa powder added to the base of your smoothie. Therefore, the following below are simply the basics you will need. Feel free to add whatever you like into your bowl.
- Any frozen fruit/veggies of your choice
- Greek yogurt
- Super foods like chia seeds, flax seeds, maca powder etc.
- Splash of milk
- Optional sweeteners like honey, maple syrup are great, although, if your fruits are ripe and sweet, you probably won’t need any sweetener.
- Fresh fruits: For the toppings, you will want to stick to fresh fruits instead of frozen because they make your smoothie bowl look pretty. The most popular ones are fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries, fresh kiwi, dragon fruit, peaches, orange slices etc.
- Granola: I presently love adding granola as a topping to my smoothie bowl because of the crunch and the added fiber. However, this is optional.
- Seeds/ Nuts: Seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnut, pecans are great topping options.
How to make easy smoothie bowl
- Firstly, add all the base ingredients into a high powered blender and blend till very smooth and creamy.
- Thereafter, scoop the creamy smoothie into a bowl of your choice (the most popular ones are coconut bowls).
- Next, arrange the toppings on top of the creamy smoothie.
- Lastly, don’t forget to take some shots for Instagram before you dig in.
Will you make this recipe?
Leave me a comment below or tag me over on Instagram @nookies_diaries or use the hashtag #nookiesdiaries.