These Cranberry & Yogurt Muffins are moist, delicious and not too sweet. The tartness of the cranberries balances out the sweetness of these muffins, which makes it the perfect festive breakfast.
Cranberry & Yogurt Muffins Ingredients
To make these yummy treats, you will need the following baking staples:
- 1 – 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/2 Granulated sugar
- 1/4 Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp B. soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 113g soft butter
- 2 small Eggs
- Vanilla extract
You will also need:
- 3/4 cup Plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups Fresh or frozen cranberries
- Zest from 1 orange
Let’s make our cranberry & yogurt muffins
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberries & granulated sugar. Coat the cranberries in the sugar & set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the soft butter & brown sugar, until its light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs & beat until its combined.
- Next, add the yogurt & vanilla, and mix well. The batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the batter and beat till just combined. Fold in the cranberry-sugar mixture.
- Use an ice cream scoop to divide the batter evenly into cupcake liners. Bake for 18-20minutes, until the top is golden brown and a tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in the pan for 5minutes, then transfer unto a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy.