Creamy, delicious and flavorful cold brew coffee that is perfect for a summertime pick me up. It’s really easy to make, the only challenge you might find is deciding how many glasses to have in one sitting.
Sunny, hot days require cool drinks on repeat with delicious easy recipes.
It’s no secret that I love my coffee and tea recipes “my Instagram stories is proof of that, ah ah” and since I eliminated sodas and artificially flavoured drinks from my diet over 2 years ago, I have created and experimented with different tea and coffee recipes. Some have ended up being a huge success like my creamy blueberry milk latte, while some have ended up being epic fails.
Today’s cold brew coffee recipe, however, is a huge win. This coffee is creamy from the vanilla sweet cream, deliciously sweet, and it’s bursting with a strong coffee flavour from brewing the coffee in the fridge for 36hrs.
What you need to make an epic cold-brew coffee
- Good quality coffee grounds: To make cold brew coffee, you need good quality espresso coffee grounds. This isn’t the time to skimp on purchasing quality because you’ll end up with bad-tasting coffee… and nobody wants that.
I used my Mugg and Bean espresso coffee beans I bought when they went on sale in ShopRite and grounded them up in my food processor. I store the grounds in an airtight container and I have coffee that lasts for a couple of weeks. After grinding your beans, add them into a pitcher and cover with a cheesecloth. Leave in the fridge for 12-24 hrs to brew and it’s ready. I use these Ball Mason Jars to store my cold brew coffee in the fridge.
- Vanilla Sweet Cream: This is what makes this coffee creamy and simply delicious. It adds a mild vanilla flavor with a whole lot of sweetness and creaminess. I made mine a dairy-free version with coconut milk and coconut condensed milk. Free free to use any milk or plant milk you prefer but the coconut milk adds a lovely flavor.
Once you have your cold brew coffee and vanilla sweet cream, combine the coffee with equal parts water or milk in a glass with ice, add the cream and enjoy. Easy peasy.
How to store your cold-brew coffee
You can store any leftover brewed coffee in an airtight jar in the fridge. It will store really well and can be enjoyed anytime you want a cup of coffee. You can also freeze the coffee in ice cube trays. Once frozen, remove from the tray and store in an airtight container in the freezer. Pop a few cubes of frozen coffee into a glass of milk for a quick and easy coffee beverage.
Other ice-cold latte recipes to try this week
How To Make Cold Brew Coffee
- 3 tbsp expresso coffee grounds good quality
- 2½ cups water
Dairy Free Vanilla Sweet Cream
- 1 cup coconut milk or dairy free whipping cream
- ½ cup dairy-free condensed milk
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine the ground coffee and water in a jar or bottle, cover with a cheese cloth and leave in the fridge for 12-24hrs.
- In a clean bowl, combine all the ingredients for the vanilla sweet cream, mix well and transfer into an airtight bottle. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
How To Make Cold Brew Coffee
- Add ice cubes in a serving glass, combine equal parts brewed coffee and water or milk. Add sweet cream to your prefered taste. Stir and enjoy.
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment below and Tag me over on Instagram @nookies_diaries or use the hashtag #nookies_diaries.
I always look forward to reading your comments and seeing your pictures.
Shop My Kitchen Essentials