This Clustered Granola is crunchy, delicious and similar to store-bought granola, without the added sugars and additives. It’s loaded with sweet cinnamon flavour, and good for you ingredients.
I absolutely love to have granola for breakfast. Recently, I got several requests to make a granola recipe that clumps up together. My first granola recipe was a huge hit over on Instagram and just like that version, this one is really easy to make, using staple pantry ingredients. However, this version bakes up into beautiful granola clusters that are super crunchy and loaded with cinnamon flavour.
Why you’ll love this clustered granola
- It’s super crunchy: This clustered granola has a similar crunchy texture to that of store-bought granola.
- Healthy and full of fibre: This granola is much lower in sugar and higher in fibre than regular cereals. It’s made from whole grains and healthy fats from the nuts.
- Perfect for parfait cups or a bowl of cosy breakfast cereal.
How to make clustered granola
This recipe comes together pretty easily. This is what you’ll need to do to make this recipe:
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, nuts and cinnamon. Mix well and in the oil and honey.
- Mix the ingredients till combined and each oat grain is coated in the wet ingredients.
- Transfer the mixture to a lined baking pan. Spread the oats evenly on the pan and press down. The oats should be spread thinly on the pan so it bakes evenly.
- Bake in a pre-heated 180 degree for 30-35 minutes or until the granola is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before breaking the granola apart.
- Store in an airtight container.
Tips to getting the clusters
- Spread the oats evenly on the pan and make sure to press it flat. You’ll want the oats to be on a single layer so that it bakes evenly without mixing it in the oven.
- Don’t mix the granola at all while it is baking. This way, you’ll end up with the big clusters.
- Make sure to line your baking pan with parchment paper to avoid sticking.
- Keep an eye on the granola in the oven during the last few minutes of baking. Granola can turn from golden brown to burnt pretty quickly.
- 3 cups Old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup Mixed nuts of your choice
- ⅓ cup Vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup Honey
- ½ tsp Cinnamon powder
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts and cinnamon powder. Mix well.
- Add in the vegetable oil and honey. Mix the ingredients properly until the oats are coated fully with the wet ingredients.
- Transfer to a lined baking pan and spread evenly. Press down the oats till it forms a thin layer.
- Bake in a pre-heated 180°C for 30-35minutes, or until the granola is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before breaking up the granola into clusters.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram @nookies_diaries and use the hashtag #nookiesdiaries.