These Chocolate Mousse Tarts are decadent, chocolatey and really delicious. The crunchy, biscuit like tart shell, pairs really well with the decadent, smooth and creamy Baileys Delight Infused Chocolate Mousse. I am really excited to share this recipe with you, because its so perfect for my favorite time of the year “CHRISTMAS“. So, grab your apron and let’s make this yummy dessert.
I am very excited to have partnered with the Baileys Nigeria team last year December, for their 12 Delight Treat Event. They asked me to create a recipes using their Bailey’s delight cream liquor that will be perfect for the Christmas celebrations and this Chocolate Mousse Tarts was one of 6 recipes I created.
Chocolate Mousse Tart Ingredients
To make this delicious tarts, you will need to make the crunchy tart shell. Thankfully, its really easy to make, and you will only need a handful of ingredients. You can make the tart dough ahead of time and freeze. Leave at room temperature for 30mins before rolling.
The Tart Shell
- 350g flour
- 50g almond flour
- 150g powdered sugar
- 180g cold butter “cubed”
- 70g egg white
- 1 tsp salt
The Chocolate Mousse
- 140z whipping cream
- 200g dark chocolate
- 200ml Baileys delight cream liqueur
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
How to make chocolate mousse tarts
Let’s Make The Tart Shells
- Into a food processor or an electric mixer, add the flour, almond flour, powdered sugar and salt. Mix for a few seconds to combine
- Next, add the cold cubed butter and mix until the flour resembles wet sand. While mixing, add the egg whites. Pulse until a rough dough forms. Stop mixing and transfer the dough to a clean work table.
- Form the dough into a flat disk, wrap with parchment paper or cling film. Refrigerate the dough for 1hr.
- Afterwards, roll the dough into 1inch thin sheet, using your tart pan as a guide, cut the dough a little larger than the tart pan. Place the dough into the pan and trim off the excess at the top.
- Use a fork to poke holes on the dough to prevent it from rising while baking. Repeat this process for the remaining tart shells.
- Transfer your tart shells into the fridge for a few minutes.
- Next, bake the shells in a 175 degree Celsius oven for 10-20mins or until they are golden brown. Remove the baked shells from the pan and set aside on a wire rack to cool completely.
Let’s Make The Chocolate Mousse
- Melt the dark chocolate over a double boiler and keep it warm.
- Into a large mixing bowl, add the whipping cream and whip till light and fluffy. Add the Baileys delight and mix till well combined.
- Next, add in the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Pour the mousse into the tart shells and refrigerate for a few minutes.
- Lastly, top the tarts with any toppings of your choice, and enjoy.
Watch the videoEven though this tart is pretty straight forward to make, watching a quick video always helps. Click the link below to watch the Instagram reel video showing how to make these yummy treats.
Other Baileys Delight Recipes I Created
Check out the other yummy treats I created in collaboration with Baileys Nigeria. Let me know if you give any of the these a try.