This Berry Baked Toast is fluffy & soft on the inside, & crunchy on the top, studded with fresh berries. It makes a perfect breakfast/brunch. It is also a great way to use up stale bread or leftover brioche. It’s really easy to make & comes together really fast. Let’s jump right into it.
Those who know me, also know that I am always very excited for brunch. I think it’s a very fancy and delicious way to enjoy breakfast with your family & friends. This Baked Berry Toast is a great addition to your brunch recipes and it is a very yummy way to use up any stale bread you have in your kitchen. I like to use my French Brioche for this, because the buttery bread tastes amazing with the custard.
Berry baked toast ingredients
- 1 Day old standard loaf bread: I like to wrap my day old brioche bread with cling film & keep in the freezer & use in recipes like this or for French toast.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 2tbsp honey (add more if you like it very sweet)
- Zest of 1 orange or Lemon
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla
- Strawberries & blueberries for the topping
- Icing sugar for dusting
watch my latest vlog
How to make berry baked toast
- First, cut the bread into large cubes and transfer to your baking dish & scatter the cubed strawberries & blueberries over the top
- Next, add the eggs, milk, honey, zest & vanilla into a jug & mix well.
- Pour the custard over the top of the bread & use your clean hands to press the bread so it soaks up the custard.
- Leave the bread to soak for a few minutes, meanwhile pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Bake the toast for 30minutes or until there is no more liquid custard in the pan
- Remove from the oven & dust the top with icing sugar.
- Serve with maple syrup, honey or whipped cream.
Tag me over on Instagram if you do make this delicious recipe.
Leave a Reply