This bagel & omelet sandwich is a great breakfast for those lazy days because it comes together in a flash. With some homemade bagels and a few fridge/freezer ingredients, you’ll be whipping up this sandwich in a snap.
I absolutely love making sandwiches. They are a quick, no fuss breakfast option that doesn’t require any fancy ingredients or equipment. With some bread and a few pantry/fridge ingredients, you can whip up a sandwich for a quick breakfast or lunch. They also make the perfect to-go breakfast for when you are in a rush. The star of today’s sandwich is my Sesame & Chia Bagels.
This sandwich comes together pretty quickly, so grab your apron and let’s get cooking.
Bagel & Omelet Ingredients
- A combination of your favorite vegetable for the omelet: I used a mixture of cabbage, tomatoes, habanero pepper, onions, and spring onions. Other vegetables like broccoli, spinach, and peas will also work great.
- Chicken franks
- Lettuce leaves
- Cucumber slices
- Cream cheese or butter
- Mayonnaise (Optional)
How to make bagel & omelet sandwich
- Chop all your vegetables and the chicken franks into small pieces. In a bowl, break the eggs and add the vegetables and the chicken franks. Season with salt and black pepper and mix well.
- Divide the bagels into two slices and toast them over a hot frying pan. Remove the bagels and add some vegetable oil into the pan.
- Fry the omelet to your desired doneness. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for a few seconds.
- Spread some cream cheese or butter over the bagel slices and top with some lettuce leaves and cucumber slices. Place the omelet on top (You can use a ring cutter to cut the omelet into a perfectly round shape).
- Drizzle some mayonnaise on top of the omelet, cover with the top half of the bagel, and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment below and tag me over on Instagram @nookies_diaries or use the hashtag #nookiesdiaries.